Big Boy/Girl Beds

Its a big day at our house-- we've reduced our number of cribs from 3 to 1.  Three is, by average standards, very old to still be in cribs (although its quite normal for multiples, I've found), they weren't climbing out so I hung on as long as I could.  Well that all changed when Alexa figured it all out last week.  We made it a long time but is time to move on!

They're SO excited to be in "big boy" and "big girl" beds.  I know this has opened a whole part of parenthood... roaming children in the night showing up at your bedside & scaring the bejebies out of you.  Oh, fun times ahead!

Comments

how cute, love their letters too! K was 3 years 3 months and I would have kept her in there (she climbed out around 20mo's but I got that tent b/c she was still taking 2, 2 hour naps a day and I wasn't giving that up!) but we needed the crib for baby J. Baby J will probably be in the crib until he is like 5. :)
Katy said…
That's great! My friend, who has twins-about 3 1/2 yrs old, just switched to "big kid" beds (meaning converting the crib to a toddler bed). They lasted about 10 days until they just bought twin mattresses..ha ha. I guess they thought "growing up" was fun to do! I can't believe how big they're getting!
Kristie said…
I was never able to hold out until 3, but I remember those days and wishing they could be trapped forever!! Good job holding out! It's crazy how big they are getting.
Whidget said…
Wow I can't believe you made it to 3. None of mine have made it to 2 so far. Yes, they will scare you as they roam around. And FRUSTRATE you too. Hahah.
Amy said…
Oh so cute! Love those two! Good luck-I'm sure they will do great!

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...