Ten on Tuesday

  1. BIG NEWS-- Max took his first independent steps while the Physical Therapist was here this morning!  He's been standing for a while but nervous to walk without help.  The key was getting him to walk just a couple of steps for something he wanted that was on the couch.  Good job Max!

  2. Joy School for Nathan & Alexa is going well.  They love going & look forward to seeing who's house they go to each week.  My first time teaching is next week.  I hope it goes well!

  3. My dad was just here for the weekend.  He had business here this week & it worked out for him to give the youth fireside in our ward for the month.  The topic was self mastery & he, of course, did a GREAT job!  All of the youth were on task & felt the spirit.  The stories he told I've heard many times but never get old.

  4. After my dad is done here in Houston, he's heading up to Dallas to drive my sister's UHall truck to Utah.  Now all of my family will be there.  I'm homesick.

  5. As homesick as I am, I really love it her in Richmond, TX.  I'm looking forward to the cooler weather & spending more time outside.  I REALLY hope Max walks soon so that is easier.  We've spent way too much time inside lately.

  6. Sam needs a new car & we're just trying to decide what to do about it.  He actually was at the Honda dealership ready to buy a car on Friday but walked away.  Its the old debate of new vs. used combined with not wanting to be in debt.  We haven't had a car payment in a while & we're really not looking forward to that again.

  7. Its been exactly 1 month since my accident & my van is still all ghetto & banged up.  The appraisal finally got approved but I had an estimate done at a body shop yesterday & its going to cost way more than they're offering.  So now we have to go through the whole rig-a-ma-roll of getting more money.  AND they only want to give me $30 a day for a rental.  I have 3 car seats!  I need a van!  Those run about $85 a day!  Then you have all my medical stuff... man, its sure a pain & I'm the one NOT at fault!

  8. "Terrible Twos" got nothin on the 3's.  Seriously.

  9. I have made some serious efforts in the past 6 weeks to have our family "eat cleaner" (the current catch phrase in health).  It's been a good experience.  I know that there's a balance & I'm not going to totally eliminate processed foods or high fructose corn syrup from my home.  I'm also never going to be a mom who doesn't let their kids eat a hot dog, mac n. cheese or chips.  But trying to find the healthier versions of those things has been liberating.  As I've eaten cleaner, I really feel GREAT.  I feel healthy.  We've been able to avoid some of the colds going around.  Its been a Word of Wisdom testimony builder for me.  I'm learning & growing & feel confident that I'm making a difference in my kids' overall health & future.  That feels good.

  10. I've been really busy (who hasn't?) and things seem to get busier every day.  My kids are hard.  I'm tired a lot. Sam works a lot. I'm trying to get everyone done & never quite get there. I have many little trials here & there but can I say that overall, my life is so good.  There are friends & family that are going through some serious things right now.  Every day I pray for them & thank my Heavenly Father for all of my blessings.  I complain a lot but really have very little to complain about.  

Comments

LeslieK said…
WAHOO for Max!!! We love the cooler weather too, I hope it stays.
yay for Max! 3's are worse. Who is the insurance carrier? That's totally bogus. I hate when adjustors do the appraisal, come to your house, cut you a check right there and leave. normally if it cots more the body shop sends the insurance company a bill and still fixes your car. Also, you should be able to get a rental with the same type of car you had. fight for your rights sista! and next time, uust file under your insurance and let them subbrogate the costs so you don't deal with this nasty headache
Melissa Summers said…
Cute blog. You can check out my blog at thesummers1997.blogspot.com
Amy and David said…
Yay for Max!!! That is great news!!

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...