Ten on Tuesday

1.  We had our first toddler bed "incident" early this morning about 5:45 a.m.  I heard Alexa crying/screaming & as I got closer to her room, heard her start to yell "Nafan! Nafan! Help me!"  She was somehow on the floor, between the foot of her bed & the dresser, with her head stuck under the bed.  All of her blankets were on the floor & I actually had to LIFT the bed to get her head out.  What I want to know is this: 1) How long did she sleep on the floor for & 2) HOW did she get her head under there???

2.  A friend & I loaded all our kids up in my van today & headed to Costco & Ikea.  All of the 3 years olds (she has 1 too) were CRANKY, WHINY & AWFUL.  We got to Ikea & they only had 1 person working in the play place & only 2 more spots available (for a total of 6 kids - ridiculous).  So the boys went in & poor Alexa had to come shopping with us.  We mosied around & as we were mosying, our beepers started to go off- our hour was up-- time to go pick the kids up.  But we had to pay first & Ikea has gone to self-check out style only. So I was all flustered as I tried to scan our 5000 small items while listening to our beepers buzz & beep.  We finally got all of the stuff scanned, loaded it up in the cart & headed to get the kids.  We ate lunch, 3 years olds were still awful, we've passed up naptime, then I remember I have to go buy the thing I actually came for.  We go buy it & as I'm paying, I realize I never paid for the giant bag of stuff we got earlier.  We very nearly STOLE $90 worth of Ikea merchandise.  That is exactly why they shouldn't have self-checkout only.  I bed people who aren't as honest steal stuff on purpose all of the time.

3.  The item(s) mentioned above that I went to Ikea for was a new set of plates.  They're beautiful.  I've had the same plates my whole marriage & they're plain-jane white & black Corelle plates.  Ikea has some beautiful dish sets & they were only $20 for 6 place settings!

4.  Again... about Ikea... every time I go there it makes me want to reorganize & redecorate my whole house. (I think that might be the idea of the whole set up...) Unfortunately, even at great Ikea prices, I can't afford it & I come home depressed.  At least I have my new chocolate brown plates to keep me company.

5.  The friend whom I had all of the adventures with today has a 3 1/2 month old baby girl who is TINY & GORGEOUS.  I love her so much.  Spending time with little baby E has made me start to think maybe I'll forgo my plan of waiting until Max is 3 or 4 to have another.  But don't worry, all plans are back on track after the chaos today.  Experiences like that are good birth control because unfortunately, those cute, perfect little 3 1/2 month olds turn into cranky, demanding, whiny, temper tantrum throwing 3 years olds.  Trust me, I know.

6.  Ok, by now it seems like I'm really down on my kids.  I do love them & one thing that's fun about this age is the things that come out of their mouths.  I'm particularly enjoying the conversations they have with each other.  HILARIOUS!  I seriously laugh all day, except when I want to pull my hair out.

7.  Max's physical development is improving so much.  He now can stand up independently, without pulling up on something.  He is still nervous to take a step but that will come.  He gets into a lot more naughty things now that he is standing more, and he's tall so he can reach a lot, but I'm so happy that I see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm hoping he'll walk in the next couple of months!

8.  Sam is so busy at work.  I hate this time of year.  And I hate Feb - April 15th.  Being a tax accountant & a tax accountant's family sucks sometimes.

9.  I've been seeing a chiropractor to help my back heal from my accident.  Even the first visit helped a lot.  I don't enjoy the neck adjustments at all though.  The rest of it is good.  I hope I can finish that up soon, & I hope they'll FINALLY fix my van.  I'm ready to put it all behind me & move on.

10.  Here's a little riddle for you: How do you know when your kids watch too much Dora?  Answer: When 1 of 10 words your baby says is "backpack."  And its not just "backpack," its "Backpack, Backpack... Backpack, backpack...yaaaaaaa"

Comments

Anonymous said…
Cute post! Love all the updates. Love the birth control one :)
Lyndsay said…
Overall, we had a great time on our crime spree! God made kids so cute because of days like today- we still want to kiss them after they fall asleep.
Kristie said…
You made me want to make a trip to Ikea - even with crazy kids!!
yes, babies do rock. I can see how people get baby hungry. J is just so awesome and such a happy, that it makes me want another one. Too bad I'm fixed. 3 was worse for K than 2. It was better though too somehow but the whining and not obeying was worse. She is better now, but maybe a mom on bed rest for 4 months and a new baby wasn't the best for her? :)
Whidget said…
Hey I have a cute Baby E. She's 3.5 months. Darn I should have gone with you guys to Ikea. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...