Ten on Tuesday
1. I have a new calling at church-- Young Women's Secretary! I never wanted to be in YW when I was teaching high school but I am SO excited about it at this point in my life! The girls in our ward are sweet & the other leaders I'll be working with are such wonderful women. I know I will learn so much & have a great time! I'm in charge of the Personal Progress activity this Wednesday & am doing a babysitting workshop! So excited!
2. As I was typing #1, I was pushing Max's hands away from the keys. Why is that great? Because it means that he pulled up to standing on the couch to get to the computer & to me. He's getting so much stronger & his motor skills are improving! That is only the 2nd time he's pulled up to standing by himself. Go Max!
3. Yesterday I was at Kroger with the kids & ran into a nurse from Texas Women's that looked familiar. I talked to her & it ended up being Nathan's Level 3 NICU nurse from the first 3 days after he was born. As I continued my shopping, I thought more about her & remembered all of the kind things she did for Nathan & us. She made a name sign for his incubator, she took pictures of him when they changed the tubes on his face so we could see him with no tubes & just was so kind. Luckily, I ran into her again before I checked out & was able to thank her for her service. Its been 3 years but the kindness of those nurses during that difficult time still means everything.
4. I am so grateful for generous friends & family member that got my kids some new {awesome} toys for their birthday. They were so bored with what they had & needed some "big kid" toys. They are in heaven!
5. We gave Alexa "Beauty & the Beast" for her birthday. I turned it on for her for the first time yesterday. It was magical. She loved EVERY second, just like I did. I love that movie.
6. Sam is back to being busy at work, poor guy. But he does get a break soon. In a week and a half, he's leaving for Alaska with my Dad & Uncle to go fishing. I am excited for him! He's been dreaming of this trip for YEARS. And I also can't wait for the fish he'll bring home! Yum!
7. Alexa loves babies, especially baby girls, & asks me for a baby sister almost every single day. I tell her maybe when she's 5.
8. Nathan & Alexa are starting Joy School next month. We're doing it with a few other kids in the ward. They can't wait to go to "school" & I can't wait for the little "breaks" twice a week! They're growing up so fast!
9. Aside from this past week when I had a BAD cold, I've been working out 6 days a week, 1 hour a day, since the end of May. I have lost NO weight. I have lost NO inches. I am thoroughly enjoying the work outs so that's what keeps me going. I'm going to see an endocrinologist that specializes in hormone imbalances & thyroid in a couple of weeks. Hopefully that'll help.
10. I'm going to be an aunt again! My baby brother Zack & his adorable wife Hilary are expecting their first baby. They kept it under wraps for a long time (she's 14 weeks) but I've known since Father's Day. I am so excited! They're going to be the BEST parents!
2. As I was typing #1, I was pushing Max's hands away from the keys. Why is that great? Because it means that he pulled up to standing on the couch to get to the computer & to me. He's getting so much stronger & his motor skills are improving! That is only the 2nd time he's pulled up to standing by himself. Go Max!
3. Yesterday I was at Kroger with the kids & ran into a nurse from Texas Women's that looked familiar. I talked to her & it ended up being Nathan's Level 3 NICU nurse from the first 3 days after he was born. As I continued my shopping, I thought more about her & remembered all of the kind things she did for Nathan & us. She made a name sign for his incubator, she took pictures of him when they changed the tubes on his face so we could see him with no tubes & just was so kind. Luckily, I ran into her again before I checked out & was able to thank her for her service. Its been 3 years but the kindness of those nurses during that difficult time still means everything.
4. I am so grateful for generous friends & family member that got my kids some new {awesome} toys for their birthday. They were so bored with what they had & needed some "big kid" toys. They are in heaven!
5. We gave Alexa "Beauty & the Beast" for her birthday. I turned it on for her for the first time yesterday. It was magical. She loved EVERY second, just like I did. I love that movie.
6. Sam is back to being busy at work, poor guy. But he does get a break soon. In a week and a half, he's leaving for Alaska with my Dad & Uncle to go fishing. I am excited for him! He's been dreaming of this trip for YEARS. And I also can't wait for the fish he'll bring home! Yum!
7. Alexa loves babies, especially baby girls, & asks me for a baby sister almost every single day. I tell her maybe when she's 5.
8. Nathan & Alexa are starting Joy School next month. We're doing it with a few other kids in the ward. They can't wait to go to "school" & I can't wait for the little "breaks" twice a week! They're growing up so fast!
9. Aside from this past week when I had a BAD cold, I've been working out 6 days a week, 1 hour a day, since the end of May. I have lost NO weight. I have lost NO inches. I am thoroughly enjoying the work outs so that's what keeps me going. I'm going to see an endocrinologist that specializes in hormone imbalances & thyroid in a couple of weeks. Hopefully that'll help.
10. I'm going to be an aunt again! My baby brother Zack & his adorable wife Hilary are expecting their first baby. They kept it under wraps for a long time (she's 14 weeks) but I've known since Father's Day. I am so excited! They're going to be the BEST parents!
Comments
I was friends with Greg and Kevin growing up in Mission Bend and then met Jamie up in Provo when she and Greg started dating. She's such a sweetheart!