Three plus Three this Thursday

1.  My birthday was a week ago today.  I turned the big 2-9.  Last year in my twenties... I feel good about it.  I am the age every woman wishes to be.  Its awesome.

2.  Sam left for Alaska last Friday morning to go fishing with my dad & Uncle Rex.  He's been looking forward to this trip for 4 years!  They've had a bit of bad luck-- this tour they had planned for the first day got canceled due to rain, the fishing hasn't been great & my dad put a fish hook through his finger on the first day... but he's enjoying the scenery & wildlife for sure.  He's seen tons of whales, sea otters & bald eagles.  We miss him here at home though!  He gets back Sunday night.

3.  My mom came to visit on Saturday & while in traffic on the way to the airport I was rear ended.  Luckily the other driver was insured but I strained my back a little bit.  It's healing well & the kids are fine so that's the most important thing.  We're working on getting the appraisal to get the car fixed.

4.  While my mom was here, we went up to Dallas to see my sister, Amanda, & her kids.  We had fun with them & the best part was seeing Nathan, Alexa & Luke (who is 6 months older) play together.  They all are HI-LARIOUS!  Such great imaginations!

5.  Poor Max was trying to follow me & his brother & sister outside & got his toenail ripped off from Alexa closing the door on him.  Ouchie!  Its almost impossible to keep a 16 month old from taking off the dressing or holding still for me to put it on, for that matter!  And it won't grow completely back for SIX MONTHS!!

6.  Referring back to my last post, I decided to do one more thing before going to that doctor.  I bought some books which basically structure an eating plan for you that is completely whole, clean, raw, natural, organic foods.  Nothing processed.  I haven't followed it 100% (I just can't afford EVERYTHING raw & organic) but I've done my best & finally am seeing the numbers on the scale going down a bit.  I don't want to loose much more but I'd like to loose a little & its nice being rewarded for my efforts finally.  Its definitely NOT how the rest of the world eats so it'll be a challenge but I hope I can make some positive life-long changes for me & my family.

Comments

Annalee said…
congrats on the new calling, how fun! what a fun trip for Sam. Too bad the Joneses don't still live there and he could have visited them, instead he can just go down the street. :) We were supposed to go visit them before they left but I had a baby instead, argh! :)

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...