Sweet & Savory Sunday: Alisha's Green Smoothie

We drink a lot of these around here.  I know there are many recipes for green smoothies out there but this is what we make most often.  You can make these in any blender but the better blender it is, the better it'll puree the spinach.  You, of course, can mess around with the quantities; these are only my best guesses.  I have to make them thin enough for my kids to suck up through a straw. You may want yours thick enough to eat with a spoon.  Also, pretty much any fruit (fresh or frozen) would be a good addition.  We use vanilla almond milk because Nathan doesn't do lactose well.  Most people add vanilla yogurt, I think.  Any way you do it, its a great way to get something green into your kids.  Mine don't care about the color since they've always had them but if you have older kids you're introducing this to, just tell them its kiwi or something. That's what my friend does!

Alisha's Green Smoothies (makes about 20 oz)
1 HUGE handful of fresh (washed) spinach (I PROMISE you can't taste it!)
1 1/2 c. frozen mixed fruit (we use the Dole Blend from Sam's Club)
1/2 of a banana
4 or 5 cubes of ice
1/4 - 1/2 c. vanilla almond milk
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional)

Directions:
Put your spinach in first.  Add mixed fruit (I usually thaw it a little bit before I add it),  banana, ice, powder & almond milk.  Blend until smooth.  Add more almond milk until you've reached your desired consistency.  Enjoy!

Comments

Debbie and Boys said…
Way to go Alisha! Green smoothies are awesome! My kids ask for them and love them. I've been told to switch up your greens from a quite a few different sources. So I do spinach for a few days then kale for a few. I actually prefer kale more now.
Cajun Cowgirl said…
So does Max have these too?

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing...

37 Weeks 2 Days