Ho Hum
I haven't been blogging because this is just the time of year when nothing much is going on! Just normal, day-to-day stuff. Here's a family update:
Sam is in the thick of tax season so we're not seeing much of him these days. He's getting home from work later & later, poor guy. We're just praying the next 6 weeks goes by FAST!
I am finally starting to feel in control of my life. It's a good feeling and one that I hope sticks around. I've been spending a lot of time "couponing" and enjoying my weekly drugstore freebies. I've been exercising, watching what I eat & finally getting the last couple of lbs of baby weight off. I've also started a "cleaning schedule" & I've definitely noticed a difference in my stress level being able to keep a somewhat clean house. The weather has been great & getting outside for walks has been great for me & the kids.
Nathan's lip is healing well & we're still watching his top teeth that got jammed, hoping they come down on their own. He's getting better with not being so emotional but he isn't napping well on most days so that orneriness comes out. He's kind of over Thomas the Train now & really likes Dora, Diego & Toy Story. This kid loves to be outside more than anything. And he can clean up toys like a champ.
Alexa is so smart & using her imagination a lot these days. Its so fun to see how their minds work at this age now that they can express themselves! She is definitely an emotional diva (what 2 year old girl isn't?) but she's a sweetheart & a good sleeper, as she's always been. She is the BEST big sister to Max & always concerned about him. She's a good little helper.
Max is growing growing growing but STILL WON'T MOVE! I am back to giving him "tummy time" (what, he's not a newborn??) every day to try to get him motivated to at least roll around or army crawl. But he just looks up at me then lays his head down and cries. Then procedes to play with his toys without lifting his head off the ground.
He also still has no teeth. But I do have some GREAT news-- his reflux is FINALLY getting better! My clothes, carpets & laundry situation are all very grateful. Max is just the cutest little buddy & I love him to pieces. He's started leaning in to give me kisses & it of course is my favorite thing ever. He loves when his brother & sister will play with him. He also LOVES to be outside and gets really mad if he can't be. He loves baths & still wakes up too early in the morning but we're working on it.
So that's what we're up to! Exciting things are coming in the next couple of months-- Grammy & Grandpa Great are coming for a visit in 2 weeks, then the Baker clan from Missouri, then Grandma Great Dudley, and after that, Grandma is coming in 3 weeks, and we're all heading to Utah after tax season. Hooray!
Sam is in the thick of tax season so we're not seeing much of him these days. He's getting home from work later & later, poor guy. We're just praying the next 6 weeks goes by FAST!
I am finally starting to feel in control of my life. It's a good feeling and one that I hope sticks around. I've been spending a lot of time "couponing" and enjoying my weekly drugstore freebies. I've been exercising, watching what I eat & finally getting the last couple of lbs of baby weight off. I've also started a "cleaning schedule" & I've definitely noticed a difference in my stress level being able to keep a somewhat clean house. The weather has been great & getting outside for walks has been great for me & the kids.
Nathan's lip is healing well & we're still watching his top teeth that got jammed, hoping they come down on their own. He's getting better with not being so emotional but he isn't napping well on most days so that orneriness comes out. He's kind of over Thomas the Train now & really likes Dora, Diego & Toy Story. This kid loves to be outside more than anything. And he can clean up toys like a champ.
Alexa is so smart & using her imagination a lot these days. Its so fun to see how their minds work at this age now that they can express themselves! She is definitely an emotional diva (what 2 year old girl isn't?) but she's a sweetheart & a good sleeper, as she's always been. She is the BEST big sister to Max & always concerned about him. She's a good little helper.
He also still has no teeth. But I do have some GREAT news-- his reflux is FINALLY getting better! My clothes, carpets & laundry situation are all very grateful. Max is just the cutest little buddy & I love him to pieces. He's started leaning in to give me kisses & it of course is my favorite thing ever. He loves when his brother & sister will play with him. He also LOVES to be outside and gets really mad if he can't be. He loves baths & still wakes up too early in the morning but we're working on it.
So that's what we're up to! Exciting things are coming in the next couple of months-- Grammy & Grandpa Great are coming for a visit in 2 weeks, then the Baker clan from Missouri, then Grandma Great Dudley, and after that, Grandma is coming in 3 weeks, and we're all heading to Utah after tax season. Hooray!
Comments