Seven on Sunday
1. Today was stake conference. It went from 10-12. While the 2 hours we were there were anything but spiritual while wrestling 2 NAUGHTY toddlers, it did confirm to me one thing: I can't WAIT for 9 a.m. church. Yes, its going to be crazy getting all 5 of us ready & out the door by 8:50, but being home by lunch time? Yes, please! The kids got to eat at their normal time, nap at their normal time, I didn't have to rush to get dinner on the table, and get this-- I got a 2 1/2 hour nap! WHAT??? It was indeed awesome. My idea of a great Sunday.
2. Nathan & Alexa have been asking me for 3 days if they can go to the cabin with Grandpa & Grandma. I wish we lived close enough that we could whenever we wanted. Maybe someday.
3. Max loves food. He could totally give up his bottle, but he LOVES food. He hums the whole time I'm feeding him like he's saying, "Yummmm Yummmmm. C'mon Mom, speed it up..." He eats a TON. And I bet he'd keep eating until his stomach burst. And speaking of Max & eating, his spitting up got out of control so we switched him to the thicker formula with added rice starch. It's NASTY thick, but has totally helped the puking. My clothes, his clothes, my carpets, etc... are all grateful.
4. Nathan & Alexa have picked up their first "naughty" word (from me, I assume). They were yelling back & forth to each other at the table, "STUPID BREAD!!!" and cracking up. Its hard to "nip it in the bud" because a) it's kinda funny and b) they TOTALLY feed off each other.
5. Sam is getting surgery on Thursday. We've been planning the knee surgery all year but his wrist has been hurting since he chopped wood at the cabin this summer. We found out recently that he tore a ligament so they're doing both surgeries at the same time. While we're glad to get it over all in one shot, it's going to be rough. Think about it-- he can't even use crutches!
6. I got a new toy on Friday. A Steam Mop. We'd used Sam's mom's before but I decided I wanted to get one of my very own. I did a TON of research & found a great one. If you're interested in one & want to take advantage of all my research, we got a Eureka EnviroSteamer. And FYI-- don't buy the Shark or the Bissel. The water doesn't even get hot enough to sanitize. LAME.
7. It goes without saying that I love all 3 of my children in unique ways. The apparent uniqueness of my love for Max is that I am so surprised by it. Not saying that I didn't think I'd love all of my children but Nathan & Alexa were wanted for so long, came with such hardship & were the first. So the deep, take-your-breath-away, heart-wrenching love I felt/feel for them was expected. Max was kind of a little glitch in my grand plan. And I guess if I were honest with myself, I was nervous when I was pregnant with him that adding a third child would ensue in such complete chaos in my life that I would resent it a little & maybe struggle to love him as much (is that TOO honest??). But miracle of miracles, that is just not the case. Not only is it not the case, it is the exact opposite of that. I love Max more than words can express. I miss him when he's not with me, even if its just for a bit. My heart feels like its going to explode when I look at his sweet face or when he gives me his slobbery kisses or when he tangles his fingers in my hair. Cheesy? Yes. True? Yes. I adore him.
2. Nathan & Alexa have been asking me for 3 days if they can go to the cabin with Grandpa & Grandma. I wish we lived close enough that we could whenever we wanted. Maybe someday.
3. Max loves food. He could totally give up his bottle, but he LOVES food. He hums the whole time I'm feeding him like he's saying, "Yummmm Yummmmm. C'mon Mom, speed it up..." He eats a TON. And I bet he'd keep eating until his stomach burst. And speaking of Max & eating, his spitting up got out of control so we switched him to the thicker formula with added rice starch. It's NASTY thick, but has totally helped the puking. My clothes, his clothes, my carpets, etc... are all grateful.
4. Nathan & Alexa have picked up their first "naughty" word (from me, I assume). They were yelling back & forth to each other at the table, "STUPID BREAD!!!" and cracking up. Its hard to "nip it in the bud" because a) it's kinda funny and b) they TOTALLY feed off each other.
5. Sam is getting surgery on Thursday. We've been planning the knee surgery all year but his wrist has been hurting since he chopped wood at the cabin this summer. We found out recently that he tore a ligament so they're doing both surgeries at the same time. While we're glad to get it over all in one shot, it's going to be rough. Think about it-- he can't even use crutches!
6. I got a new toy on Friday. A Steam Mop. We'd used Sam's mom's before but I decided I wanted to get one of my very own. I did a TON of research & found a great one. If you're interested in one & want to take advantage of all my research, we got a Eureka EnviroSteamer. And FYI-- don't buy the Shark or the Bissel. The water doesn't even get hot enough to sanitize. LAME.
7. It goes without saying that I love all 3 of my children in unique ways. The apparent uniqueness of my love for Max is that I am so surprised by it. Not saying that I didn't think I'd love all of my children but Nathan & Alexa were wanted for so long, came with such hardship & were the first. So the deep, take-your-breath-away, heart-wrenching love I felt/feel for them was expected. Max was kind of a little glitch in my grand plan. And I guess if I were honest with myself, I was nervous when I was pregnant with him that adding a third child would ensue in such complete chaos in my life that I would resent it a little & maybe struggle to love him as much (is that TOO honest??). But miracle of miracles, that is just not the case. Not only is it not the case, it is the exact opposite of that. I love Max more than words can express. I miss him when he's not with me, even if its just for a bit. My heart feels like its going to explode when I look at his sweet face or when he gives me his slobbery kisses or when he tangles his fingers in my hair. Cheesy? Yes. True? Yes. I adore him.
Comments