Manic Monday

Since there are no numbers that start with "M", and thus providing an adept alliteration (ya like that?), I had to chose some other title for my random blog update.

1. Sam had surgery on Thursday.  It has been a difficult few days in the Oldroyd house.  He had his knee scoped & a repair of a ligament in his wrist.  The wrist proved to be a particular challenge.  He also ended up with 2 pins & a lot of pain, despite a nerve block they put in.  His knee is sore but not nearly as bad.  Because of the knee, he can't get up & move around.  Because of the wrist, he can't use crutches... see where this is difficult?  Then bring in an already overwhelmed mother of 3 small children getting up every 2 hours to give him pain meds & you get a difficult few days.  Thank goodness for friends & family who don't ask but tell me how they're going to help.  I'm not great at accepting help all of the time but I REALLY couldn't do this without it.  Thank you.

 A fun new contraption we have at our house is this Cyro Unit.  Its basically a cooler you put ice water in & it goes through the tube into the cuff to make it easier to ice the knee.  You, too, can be a proud owner of this fancy shmancy cooler for a cool $400. (Insurance covered about 80%).


2.  These two are a mess.  I am really missing those binkys.  They take FOREVER to go to sleep now.  Nap/Bedtime has never been an issue in our house until now.  I'm hoping this gets better??

Oh but I do have to share a HILARIOUS binky story.  This time its Alexa... I get her up to go potty before I go to bed.  She doesn't even really wake up but occasionally, she is in a really deep sleep & is whiny when I get her up.  This was the case at about 12:30 a.m. Thursday night.  When I put her back to bed, she was thrashing around & I knew she was looking for her binky.  I watched her to see what she would do & when she didn't settle down, I handed her her Dora doll & said, "Lexie, your binky went bye bye.  Here is Dora to make you happy."  She then grabbed Dora's leg & proceeded to shove Dora's foot into her mouth.  Boy was she ticked (Alexa, not Dora) when she realized it wasn't her binky.  She screamed bloody murder for about 10 minutes until she finally passed out.  I was too busy peeing my pants laughing to comfort her.

3.  Look at this guy-- still adorable.  He's just finally getting the hang of sitting up.  He's following suit & slow in the motor skills department just like the other two.  Hey, I'm not complaining-- makes them feel like babies longer.  Except Max is a CHUNK.  Oh & he's 7 months old today.  I can't even believe it.  He's so much fun-- such a happy little guy.  Except when he's projectile puking.  Then nobody's happy.  Poor little guy-- can't cut a break from that darn reflux!


4.  Lastly, we have this picture.  Taken today.  See anything wrong with it?

ITS ALMOST DECEMBER POEPLE!  And we're wearing SHORTS!  It was like 82 today or something crazy like that.  I'm all about warm weather but this is getting RIDICULOUS.  The humidity just makes it gross.

Comments

the fellers said…
oh I am so sorry...I hope that your husband starts to feel better soon, I have to say though, no matter the price tag, those coolers are a LIFE SAVER....I had never heard of them before, and when Shon had his knee surgery at Christmas time last year, I was so grateful that I didnt have to get up every few hours to re-ice his leg....and we get to keep it! I am sorry the binky taking away has been so hard, that dora story is pretty funny though!
Kristie said…
I was going to say that what was wrong with the picture was that there is a binky next to Alexa!!!
Alisha said…
LOL Kristie-- that's Max's binky! I still have a good 2 years for him!
Amy said…
I'm going to have to call you about this projectile spit up... Callan is mastering it quite well where everyone and every piece of furniture in the vicinity is involved and has to completely change and get washed!
Matt said…
Oh man.....that is rough. Tell Sam that I hope he feels better. I had that knee surgery before and its not fun. (but at least they didn't mess with my wrist at the same time!) Get better buddy.
sara said…
You could always come and hang out with us in Idaho in our -7 weather today!

And hang in there with everything. Tev had surgery last August and it was a rough go for awhile, but as with all things, time makes it better. :)

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...