Our trip thus far

Last Wednesday night, with the help of a good friend, Nathan, Alexa, & I flew to Salt Lake. Our flight left at 9pm & while I thought my plan of flying at night might backfire, it didn't. My babies slept like... well... babies the entire way there. Our first couple of days in Salt Lake were so much fun. With N & A a little older now, they really know who Grandma is & by Saturday, were attached to her in a big way. They wanted nothing to do with me. I'm ok with that. Here are some pictures of them playing with Grandma in the garage. They loved that classic red car with the yellow roof. We could barely tear them away!
Saturday the kids & I headed of on a new adventure. We took a mini-trip to Colorado to see Tiffany & her family. It was my first flight alone with Nathan & Alexa. It was quite the fiasco but they behaved on the plane. (Wish I could say the same for the flight back to SLC, which was quite nightmarish).

We had a blast hangin' out with Tiffany, Justin, Avery & their new baby Aric as well as seeing Tiffany's wonderful parents. On Monday the weather was perfect so we decided to be brave & take all 4 kids to the zoo! What a FUN day! We had VERY up-close experiences. Feeding the giraffes, getting nipped by wallabies & being inches away (through VERY thick glass) from 2 playful grizzlies. Alexa SQUEALED with each new exhibit. She absolutely LOVES animals.
Little Aric is a dream. He is such a handsome little guy & I just couldn't get enough of his snuggles. He's such a good baby!
Although it was a little difficult traveling to Colorado with Nathan & Alexa, it was worth it. Tiffany & I really wanted to have all of our kids together. Avery hadn't seen the babies since they were tiny and although they're still much younger than her, they had a great time playing. Alexa LOVES Avery & we can tell that in a few years, the 14 month age difference will be nothing & they'll be best buds, just like their mommies. The 3 toddlers kept us very entertained, especially when they played together. Check out this video of Avery draggin Nathan & Alexa around on her 4 wheeler. Hilarious.


We're back in Salt Lake for another 5 days. Boy do we miss Daddy! My cousin Angie is getting married today & we have much more to accomplish. Hopefully time passes quickly & we can see him very soon!

Comments

Court said…
Looks like you are having a great time. Congrats on your successful travels with TWO wiggly babies!
Jenae said…
5 more days? But the babies will be almost fully grown by then!?! I miss you- but I'm glad you're having such a good time!
Amy said…
OH my goodness...where are my baby niece and nephew! They have totally entered the toddler phase and I'm missing it! I love all the pictures and videos you post-they are much appreciated by a far away auntie! I am glad you are having fun on your trip! They seriously look so much older! Miss you Nathan and Alexa! And you too Alisha :)
I'm glad you had help on the trip. I don't like traveling on a plane, you are so brave. Too bad the trip back wasn't so fun. Hopefully back to TX will be ok. Those are some cute babies and I'm glad you got to see your friend. Avery is too cute! Love those curls.
Diana said…
Glad the traveling went so well. Looks like you are having a blast.
laura j. said…
That came and went too fast. I'm sad we missed you. I'm glad all went well and you had fun. Maybe next time!

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...