Our Morning Walks
I know this post will be boring to most of you, but since this is our family journal that's ok with me!
In our neighborhood we have a lake. On this lake, we have ducks. Starting in the spring, as nature goes, we start getting cute little furry ducklings. In May, my friend J started meeting us each morning at our house & we would walk around the lake. We soon realized we needed to have bread with us at all times so we could feed these cuties. Well, as time went on, the little duckies got to know us & when they see the double jogging stroller coming, they literally FLOCK towards us. There is nothing more adorable than seeing how fast those little duckies swim then book it up the bank as soon as they hit land. We've gotten to know them too & have even named some of them. There are two groups of "ducklings" that we feed & them some adult ducks. There are even some bully ducks to try to steal all of the bread.
Anyhow, recently when we were done with the bread for the day, we would start to walk away & the little ducklings would follow us down the sidewalk for a little while. Of course this was so adorable we couldn't resist stopping & feeding them more. It's become quite the pattern & the animal lover that I am just soaks it in. Here are some of our ducks from the walk this morning following us down the sidewalk. Aren't they precious?

Yesterday morning on our walk, I discovered something... more tiny ducklings! There is apparently a different group of ducks that hangs out elsewhere who doesn't know us. But I saw them yesterday & there are TWENTY new ducklings! Mama won't let me get close to them... each time I try to walk down there she gathers them up & takes them out to the middle of the lake. It's ok-- they'll get to know me later when I bribe them with bread!

Is there anything cuter than new little babies of any species? I think not.
Comments
Cute post - and not boring!