Prayers Needed!
We had our first appointment today with our new doctor, Dr. Adam. She was WONDERFUL & we love her. We loved my OB/GYN too but he has Hodgkin's Lymphoma & is not practicing anymore because he's getting a stem cell transplant. So, to avoid switching around a million times, we just found Dr. Adam, who is a Maternal Fetal Specialist & specializes in multiples. We are really glad we did because she sure knows her stuff! She was great.
She did do an ultrasound but was super speedy... just checking the babies out. So no good pics this time. But we'll have an ultrasound at each appointment (every couple of weeks) so I'll post any good ones we get.
Everything looked good with our baby boy but baby girl isn't doing as well. She's really little... a lot smaller than her brother. Dr. Adam says this means her placenta isn't functioning properly so she's getting less nutrients than her brother. She told us that is what probably caused my bleeding in February; something happened to her placenta & that's why the discrepancy between their sizes has grown as time goes on. I'm worried but have peace that she'll be alright. We're in very good hands with Dr. Adam & she'll know just what to do to help us. I also continue to have faith in the blessing Sam & our friend Angelo gave me back in February. Heavenly Father wanted me to know that as long as I followed the doctor's instructions, the babies would be ok. However, regardless of the peace I feel, we will continue to pray for our babies & specifically that our baby girl can thrive. Sam & I would also sincerely appriciate prayers from all of you. I have a testimony of the power of prayer & have seen it work miracles.
My next appointment is in 3 weeks from today. I was supposed to go back in 2 weeks but my mom is coming for my shower so I really wanted her to be there. I'll give everyone an update on the babies then!
On a lighter note, Sam & I just spent the evening registering at Babies R Us & Target. No arguments... so I consider it a success! :) It was a lot of fun picking things out with Sam. It was also SO nice to spend some time with him since he's been a slave to the tax season. All-in-all a good day!
She did do an ultrasound but was super speedy... just checking the babies out. So no good pics this time. But we'll have an ultrasound at each appointment (every couple of weeks) so I'll post any good ones we get.
Everything looked good with our baby boy but baby girl isn't doing as well. She's really little... a lot smaller than her brother. Dr. Adam says this means her placenta isn't functioning properly so she's getting less nutrients than her brother. She told us that is what probably caused my bleeding in February; something happened to her placenta & that's why the discrepancy between their sizes has grown as time goes on. I'm worried but have peace that she'll be alright. We're in very good hands with Dr. Adam & she'll know just what to do to help us. I also continue to have faith in the blessing Sam & our friend Angelo gave me back in February. Heavenly Father wanted me to know that as long as I followed the doctor's instructions, the babies would be ok. However, regardless of the peace I feel, we will continue to pray for our babies & specifically that our baby girl can thrive. Sam & I would also sincerely appriciate prayers from all of you. I have a testimony of the power of prayer & have seen it work miracles.
My next appointment is in 3 weeks from today. I was supposed to go back in 2 weeks but my mom is coming for my shower so I really wanted her to be there. I'll give everyone an update on the babies then!
On a lighter note, Sam & I just spent the evening registering at Babies R Us & Target. No arguments... so I consider it a success! :) It was a lot of fun picking things out with Sam. It was also SO nice to spend some time with him since he's been a slave to the tax season. All-in-all a good day!
Comments
Oh and so glad you registered! Now we just need some names picked out. ;) Love ya~
Thanks for keeping us updated! I'll definitely be praying fort your little princess to thrive:)
Isn't registering the best!!