Peaceful Once Again


Max started out as the perfect baby. Nursing went smoothly, he slept well, had peaceful & calm wake time, & started sleeping 4 hour stretches at night by 2 weeks old. Right around then things started to get more difficult. He started eating slower, pulling away & never acting satisfied. Then came the tummy pains. Then the sleepless nights. I knew something wasn't right. So after praying & talking to some experienced moms, I decided that he probably had reflux, even though he wasn't spitting up a ton.

I took him into the doctor this morning & the pediatrician agreed. We got a prescription & instructions to give him some Mallox in the mean time to help coat his burned throat. It made an immediate difference & I have my perfect little Max back. He's been eating well, happy after he eats & sleeping peacefully.

I know it's such a small thing, and so many babies have reflux, but I'm grateful it's something treatable & something he'll grow out of. I felt bad for him & was starting to feel sorry for myself. But things are looking up & I feel like I might make it!

Max gave us a little Oldroyd boy half smile just as I snapped this picture. He's a dream. Love him to pieces.

Comments

Tiffany said…
I'm so glad he's better now! It sounds just like Chloe, she didn't spit up either but had sleepless nights and constant tummy aches also right around 2 weeks. The good news is, like you said, it IS treatable and he WILL grow out of it! :)
LeslieK said…
Reflux is tough, all 3 of my sister's kids have or had it. She swears by Zegerid, a newer drug on the market- she has used Zantac, Prilosec and Prevacid in the past. Her youngest is on Zegerid and she calls it a miracle drug.
Good luck, and I can't wait to meet the lil guy!
The Oldroyd's said…
That is so hard. Brooklynn had reflux and it was aweful. Glad you figured it out and he is doing better.
Brooke said…
Glad he's doing well! A well fed baby is a happy baby...and a happy mom!
Amy said…
What a cute picture! It is no fun he has reflux...I tried to get Owen's doc to give him something but no such lucky he was just a crier, so I'm glad that it is something fixable that Max will grow out of. Love you Maxwell!
Scott and Angie said…
He is so so cute. Im so glad he is all better! I cant wait to meet that little guy.

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...