Grandpa


Of all of the blessings in my life, one that is at the top of my list is that I have had the privilege of being extremely close to all 4 of my grandparents. I grew up having sleepovers at their houses & spending oodles of time with them. I really do have the best grandparents on in the world. Recently, my Grandpa Gines has been ill & currently is not doing well. He is not strong enough to endure the surgery he needs and therefore will be heading home tomorrow on hospice care.

It has been an emotional day. I think we all thought we'd have more time. No one knows exactly when Grandpa will pass, but I am only aloud to travel for another 10 days before I reach the 34 week mark. So Sam, the kids, & my big pregnant self are heading to Utah on Friday for a few days.

I am grateful for many things right now. I am grateful that I am able to go & spend some time with my Grandpa. I am grateful that even though it's tax season, Sam's boss is allowing him to go because I cannot travel with 2 toddlers by myself at this point in my life. I am grateful for the life & example of my grandpa; for the many memories I have of him & for the quiet displays of love, affection & care he has always gone out of his way to show me. I am grateful for my Savior. I have felt His peace through all of this. I know this is His will. I know that my Grandpa, so independent & strong, is not happy in his weak body. I know that while we will miss him so terribly much, we will see him again. I am grateful for this knowledge most of all: Families are Forever.

Comments

Deanna said…
Hope it's a trip full of wonderful memories! {hugs}
Oh I wish I could just hug you right now. love ya
Andrea Dent said…
I'm so sorry Alisha. Having just gone through the same thing, hospice and all, I know how it hurts! I'm so glad you get to spend some time with family, and your grandpa. You're in my prayers.
Amy said…
Sending lots of love your way. Have a good trip. Times like these are hard, but you are right-having the knowledge of families being eternal is wonderful!
Anonymous said…
Yay! I've been thinking about you ever since we got off the phone yesterday. So, so happy you get to fly out there! Thinking & praying for you and your sweet family. Love ya, friend!

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing...

37 Weeks 2 Days