9 Months Old!!!!!!
Holy crap-- Nathan & Alexa are NINE MONTHS OLD TODAY!!! Where did my little babies go?!?!? Ok, they're still pretty little-- check out the stats:
Nathan: Height 28 1/4" (50th%), Weight 17lbs 8 oz (9th%) & Head 18 1/4" (80th%)
Alexa: Height 26 3/4" (25th%), Weight 15lbs (<3rd%) & Head 17 1/2" (70th%)
We've got some skinny kids with big heads.
We went to a new Pedi today so things were... interesting. Our old pedi rubbed me the wrong way so I finally got up enough guts to switch. There were things I liked, things I didn't. But overall it was good. Our new pediatrician is very concerned about Alexa's motor skills so we're having an evaluation done on her to see if she needs some therapy. The biggest concern is that she can't push herself up on her arms from her tummy. I tried to tell them that she just takes after me & I turned out just fine (well... I guess that depends on who you talk to) but they still wanted the evaluation. I know that she's perfect in every way so I'm not worried. At a year old I was sitting, but not crawling & I didn't walk until 17 months. She's got time :) I liked how much time the doctor spent with us & I think the only reason I am not gushing is because no one likes the feeling of being told that their baby is less than perfect. But she really was great & was very thorough.
For their 9 month birthday we went to Brazos State Park (ok, we would have gone anyway)! It's a nature reserve where you can see all sorts of wild animals. The biggest attraction is the alligators. As you can see, they were plentiful! We didn't make it around the trail because that big one on the bottom right was just too close for comfort. We had 8 kids... and we wanted to keep all of them. So we turned around. But it was lots of fun!!!
Nathan: Height 28 1/4" (50th%), Weight 17lbs 8 oz (9th%) & Head 18 1/4" (80th%)
Alexa: Height 26 3/4" (25th%), Weight 15lbs (<3rd%) & Head 17 1/2" (70th%)
We've got some skinny kids with big heads.
We went to a new Pedi today so things were... interesting. Our old pedi rubbed me the wrong way so I finally got up enough guts to switch. There were things I liked, things I didn't. But overall it was good. Our new pediatrician is very concerned about Alexa's motor skills so we're having an evaluation done on her to see if she needs some therapy. The biggest concern is that she can't push herself up on her arms from her tummy. I tried to tell them that she just takes after me & I turned out just fine (well... I guess that depends on who you talk to) but they still wanted the evaluation. I know that she's perfect in every way so I'm not worried. At a year old I was sitting, but not crawling & I didn't walk until 17 months. She's got time :) I liked how much time the doctor spent with us & I think the only reason I am not gushing is because no one likes the feeling of being told that their baby is less than perfect. But she really was great & was very thorough.
For their 9 month birthday we went to Brazos State Park (ok, we would have gone anyway)! It's a nature reserve where you can see all sorts of wild animals. The biggest attraction is the alligators. As you can see, they were plentiful! We didn't make it around the trail because that big one on the bottom right was just too close for comfort. We had 8 kids... and we wanted to keep all of them. So we turned around. But it was lots of fun!!!
Comments
When Dr. R told me that I really needed to stop letting Gavin snack between meals (b/c he is a little heavy for his age)I thought, "CrAzY"! Since that appt. I have started to watch Gavin and he snacks constantly (and not very healthily either)! I realize that there ARE things I can do as his mother to help him learn to eat better. The last thing I want is for my adorable child with "baby fat" to become an obese elementary student that gets teased! It is not healthy for his body or his esteem to carry extra weight. Needless to say, I am attempting to swallow my pride and watch what G eats a little closer.
That is funny that Nathan is 17 pounds. I think that is big, cause Gracie is 20 pounds and already 19 months. She's always been on the small side to with her weight. She was like in the 5th perc. at her 18 month check up. I'm not worried. We all just have little babies. What's wrong with that? I wouldn't worry about alexis either. Every child does things at different stages. She'll be fine. But I guess if the ped wants to evaluate her it won't hurt. It will just put your mind at rest. You have a couple cuties.
sally.gemini@gmail.com
I agree with all the differnt things said. You might as well get her checked out. It doesn't hurt. BUT with that said, all babies are different. Some kids don't even crawl for so long. Some kids never crawl they just end up walking. Do what you think is best. Really mom's know best and they know their kids. Good luck and I am glad you found a good doctor. Your kids are so cute.
It was so nice talking to you yesterday and as we talked about, I wouldn't worry about Alexa... I'm sure she's just fine. Gotta love how pediatricians like to scare moms to death. :) I've had my fair share of scares with my girls too and funny how every single one of them turned out just great. You are doing a GREAT job there mama. :) Can't wait to see you once the kiddos get to feeling better.