Christmas Card 2014
Dear friends & family,
Christmas is around the corner and another year is passing where I'm taking the easy road and doing an e-card. Maybe next year we'll get back to the real one! Either way, we want each of you to know of our love for you.
2014 has been good to our family. The obvious highlight was Lincoln Joseph joining our family in June. He has been a light and a joy to all. My heart overflows as I see how the 3 big kids just adore him, and Lincoln is smitten with them.
Here's a little update on each member of our family:
Sam - This amazing husband of mine just keeps working hard and is a wonderful provider & father. He has enjoyed this last year working for Chevron, and we have enjoyed having him home more! Even so, he's discovered that the work he enjoys is back in the tax world. So we're heading back to Briggs & Veselka, his old tax firm. His new/old job begins in the New Year! Sam is my partner in everything and we couldn't ask for a better husband and daddy.
Alisha - 4 kids has been fun & challenging! I didn't quite know what to expect since I had the first 3 so close together. I somehow had convinced myself that this 4th baby would just slide right into our family and we'd keep moving. A major shift has been required in my expectations and limits! But we're doing great! I love being a mom. I'm still working for BYU-Idaho in the Pathway Language Program. I love it. It is so fulfilling. I also enjoy my side job of website management for a small publication and tutoring math as well. Another blessing is that my kidneys are doing well and I've been able to stay healthy, even through my pregnancy!
Nathan - Nathan is a bundle of energy and feels everything very deeply. He is a superstar at school and has grown so much in the 1st grade. He loves his best friend Dylan, spending time with his cousins, and he is obsessed with sports (especially football) and can rattle off recent scores and stats at your request (or he may just tell you even if you don't ask). He started TaeKwonDo at Fort Bend Marital Arts in September & LOVES it. He recently tested and moved up to Jr. Yellow Belt. Nathan is a great big brother, my helper & can't wait for the day when he can ride is bike to school without mom (Mr. Independent!).
Alexa - I don't know what I'd do without my wonderful angel. She is kind-hearted and the best big sister to her brothers. Alexa is always thinking of others and loves to make people happy. She is very artistic and leaves pictures and notes all over the house expressing her love for her family. She is doing great at school and works very hard. Alexa started Ballet & tap at Connolly Dance in August. She loves every minute of it! She loves to go to bed early, play with her friends & cousins, and be mom's helper in the kitchen.
Maxwell - He has grown up so much this year as he has transitioned from being the baby of the family to being a big brother. He loves to chat and make people laugh. He adores Lincoln. I will never forget the smile on his face the first time he held him. Maxwell loves going to preschool at Mrs. Vanessa's and is learning so much. He is even beginning to read! Max also takes TaeKwonDo and advanced to Jr. Yellow Belt last month. He works hard each class and is doing so well. He loves to play games, spend time with Daddy, and go play at friends' houses.
Lincoln - Our baby... he is a joy every day! Lincoln is almost always happy and such a good natured baby. His is 6 months old now and a very big boy. He loves to play with toys and will grab anything he can get his hands on. He can't get enough of his big brothers and sister. Anytime they'll talk to him or play with him, he is in heaven. He has never met a stranger and will still go to anyone. He loves to coo and "talk" VERY loudly. He is my heart and I'm so grateful he is in our family!
The depth of our joy comes from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He lives! And because He lives, our family can be together forever. There is no greater blessing than that.
Merry Christmas!
Love,
The Oldroyds

Comments