Fall, are you here to stay?

Pants & socks. Nathan & Alexa don't quite know what to do with them. They keep tugging at them like, "What the heck is this, Mom?" It would appear that fall is upon us. It was, however, 91 degrees yesterday so I'm not buyin' it. I'm predicting rompers & sun dresses by the end of the week.

I'll give ya a little update on the chilins since I haven't done much of that lately. Neither of them are walking yet. Alexa is very interested & loves to show off her free-standing skills. But then she gets freaked out & sits down. Nathan is not even interested in the slightest. They get around fine on all fours. They're still taking 2 naps a day & sleeping well at night. They're adjusting to table food & sippy cups-- we're down to 1 bottle a day & should be off them by next week. They constantly fight over toys & Nathan is finally taking a stand to Alexa when she steals his stuff. They're good buds though & like to get into everything together.

I call Alexa my little Monkey. She is all over the place & loves to make funny noises & faces. Her recent obsession is the bumbo chair. I'm glad we're getting some use out of it now. She is stingy with her kisses but shows her affection in different ways. She, like all girls, knows how to work it when she gets hurt or otherwise offended. Alexa is quite the drama queen and no, I have NO idea where she gets that from. She is such a sweetheart & Mommy's little girl.
Nathan is forever our comedian. He loves to make people laugh & join in when others are laughing with his little giggle. He's an excellent eater & has a kind heart. He likes to be helpful in cleaning up, handing me one toy at a time. He also can make a mess faster than you can say "No, no." Nathan is all boy but VERY generous with kisses. Especially for Mommy & Pepper the Dog. I just love his squishiness & kiss him all day long. Who could resist this face??
As for me (you get no picture with this one) I'm doing just great! Keeping busy with being a mom, working & trying to stay on top of life! I'm very excited for our trip next week. The babies & I are heading to Utah to visit & for my cousin Angie's wedding. While we're there, we're also taking a little jaunt over to Colorado to see Tiffany & her family, including her new little baby boy, Aric. I look forward to the fun visits, cooler temperatures & low humidity! But I know we'll missing Daddy! Sam's busy at work & things will slow down about the time we get back.

Life is good!

Comments

Deanna said…
It's so fun to see all of our little families growing! :)
Amy said…
Look at them growing! I love Nathan's handsome hair and Lexie is just so dang cute! I can't believe I won't see you all till Christmas...I love blogs but at the same time they kill me because it makes me miss you all that much more! I may be calling you on some sippy cup advice.
I can't say it enough your kids are so cute and getting so big! have fun in utah it is soooo going to be fall here soon.
Such cutie pies:) See you soon!
Melanie said…
They're getting so big! such cuties! Nope, fall weather will probably be another couple weeks away!!! darn.

Have fun on your trip!!
they are just too cute. Now I know what everybody says about the walking. It's not so bad at first but then they get taller and their reach gets further, they can open doors, climb on stuff, blah, blah, blah. I could not even imagine having 2 Kylee's around. So, don't encourage the walking. ;) Oh but what am I talking about, the walking stage actually got easier and apparently they aren't as fussy b/c they see you go outside and they want to to. Plus parks are easier, the mall, everything! ok, nevermind, what do I know.
Erica said…
Have fun in Utah! See you when you get back.
Golly, they sure are some cute babies!! I can't believe how big they are getting! Such a sweet family =)
Anonymous said…
Apparantly, fall is NOT here to stay! Not shocking for Houston, though. :) Can you believe how hot and humid it was today?! Yuck! Oh well, at least we had a few nice days. We have to enjoy them while we have them. :) Have fun on your trip. Let's get together when you get back.
Court said…
Those are some cutie pie babies. Hope you are having fun in UT!

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...