Like Mother, Like Daughters...

I did not dodge the bullet. Like my sister, mom & cousin, I got whatever gene that causes kidney stones during pregnancy. I started hurting pretty bad on Monday morning but somehow thought I would be able to make it through school. I was here all of 15 minutes before I decided to stop being stubborn & call the dr. I of course I no idea what was causing the pain & fearing that I was in labor, the told me to get to the hospital asap. A kind friend a work drove me there & Sam met me. After two days, lots of IV bags, some narcotics, antibiotics, & laying in a hospital bed with only bathroom privelages, I got to go home at about 9:30 pm last night. I was so happy to get to sleep in my own bed. I'm still passing what they call "gravel" & I promised my dr. I would drink more water than normally imaginable. I don't think she would have let me come home otherwise. I'm hoping I don't have to go through THAT any time soon, on top of everything else. Sheesh! But the babies are ok, which is all I can ask for.

Comments

The Oldroyd's said…
Yikes, that is no fun. I am so sorry you have had to go through that. I am glad the babies are doing good.
Welcome home, Alisha! I'm glad all is well!! Please keep chugging that water so we can party like it's 1999 on Saturday!
Ally said…
Well that's no good! It's bad enough that you have to do the pregnancy thing then to have kidney stones on top of that! I've been checking the blog often to check on your status. We've been keeping you in our prayers. Keep posting so we know what's going on with your family. Lots of love, Allyson
Glad that you and the babies are okay! chug a lug... drink it down. Hope things keep going well
Shanna said…
This is really for all your entries. It was great to read them, and I hope all finishes well. I'm looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!
Craner Family said…
It always seems like water is the cure for lots of pregnancy woes. I've been having really bad braxton hicks, and what did the dr. tell me to do....lay down and DRINK WATER. Geez...I feel like a fountain! Glad to hear the babies are doing good. How are you doing???
Melanie Rossi said…
Are you kidding? Like being pregnant w/ twins isn't hard enough and you now you have to go through that pain!! You poor girl! I'm so sorry I'm not gonna be able to make it to the shower on Saturday, but I hope you have fun!
The Yosts said…
Kidney stones are no fun. Glad you're back home.

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...