A big weekend!

I have lots of new posts to do but I'll have to get them up later this week when I have pictures. Thursday night I went to my neighborhood Bunco group for the last time before bed rest & instead of Bunco I walked into a surprise baby shower! It was so fun! The ladies I've played Bunco with for the past 2 1/2 years are wonderful & I love them. It was such a great surprise!

Friday my mom flew in & we went to my dr appointment. Right as we were about to be seen, Dr. Adam literally ran out of the office to go deliver a baby. So we waited for a while, which I didn't mind because I definitely would want her to run like that if I needed her!! By the time she got back, she had a line of patients waiting for her. So the appointment was short but she did say the baby boy is 1.3 lbs & baby girl is 1.2 lbs! They are both small (26th & 39th percentile, I think she said...) but I feel better that they are closer to the same size! So thank you for all of your prayers!

Saturday was my big baby shower give by my mother-in-law & Sam's 3 wonderful sisters. the generosity of my friends & family is overwhelming. I'll post more about that later on.

Yesterday was a great day. It was so fun to have my mom & sister here for Mother's Day. I love them, look up to them, & appriciate them so much. It meant a lot to have Mother's Day Dinner with my mom, sister, mother-in-law & all of my sisters-in-law too. All of them are amazing women with individual talents. They teach me so much about life & kindness. Another great thing about my mom being her for Mother's Day is that my brother, Zack, who is on his mission in Washington DC, called here! It was great to hear his voice & listen to his stories.

As of yesterday, I am 24 weeks & growing. The babies kick a lot harder & more frequently. I am so grateful for them & for Sam. As hard as it has been & will continue to be, Sam & I have loved this time growing our little family. Here are some belly shots from yesterday. Like I said, there are pictures to come from my showers. Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!

Comments

Craner Family said…
Again, Alisha-you're so cute! Happy Baby showers! Before you know it, you'll have those cute little babes in your arms! Sounds like Mother's Day was a hit for you! I loved having my mom with me while I was pregnant!
what a cute belly yo u have! I know it will just get bigger and cuter. :)
Anonymous said…
You'r shower was GREAT! So glad you got so many nice things. It was so nice to see you and meet your mom and sister. Happy Mom's Day!
Trenda said…
I'm glad to hear that things seem to be going well with the babies and you! Pregnancy with one is hare, I can't even imagine too. You seem to be handling it so well. Good luck with everything!
Amy said…
I do have to tell everyone...alisha has the prettiest pregnant belly ever! It has been fun spending time with you while we've been down here! I can't wait for those little ones to come out, as long as they wait as long as possible!:)
Amy and David said…
Alisha--you look beautiful and I am so happy to hear that the babies are both looking so great. Good luck and keep smiling!
Tiffany said…
I have to agree with Amy, you do have the cutest pregnant belly ever! I am always so jealous of cute pregnant people like you... and you're even growing two!!! Best of luck on bedrest, hopefully those babes will keep cookin a while longer!!! :)
Rachelle said…
holy crap! your tummy is growing! and i have to say - you still look GREAT! HONEST!
Diana & CJ said…
Ahh, I miss your sweet smile. Those babies are growing & growing fast. You are so cute preganet. Next mother's day will be even more fun.
Alisha, I got the highchair on ebay. the guy had like 4, brand new in the box. It's a Safety 1st. On ebay if you search Safety 1st wood high chair, you should find it. It was only like 60 bucks, $24 shipping. and it's a buy now item so you don't have to bid and wait! They are selling on amazon for like 130....way cheaper on ebay!
Krystal said…
Alisha! One baby is such a joy. Just imagine double the happiness! I think you're a way cute pregnant lady.
Darbee said…
Alisha, You look FABULOUS! I am so glad that the babies are doing well, and YOU are doing better after the whole kidney stone situation. That's terrible, but I'm glad you are all doing better. Good luck with everything!
Erica said…
I think that I look the same size as you at 24 weeks with my twins. You didn't look that big.

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...