Making up for lost time...

Sam & I went to our 2nd doctor appointment today and I've decided that I should finally post more information about my pregnancy! I am 10 weeks and 3 days along and my official due date is September 1st. We were lucky enough to have another ultrasound today and saw something quite shocking.... TWO BABIES!!!!!! Yes, you read that right... TWINS!!!! And as shocked as you feel, you can imagine how shocked Sam and I are! After all... we already had an ultrasound... had no idea that one little stinker was hiding!

The Dr. couldn't get a good picture of both babies because of how they are positioned but here is what we got:

"Baby A" (You can see the other gestational sac)"Baby B" (Upside down!)
"Baby B" & "Baby A's" head

This proves that Heavenly Father has a sense of humor... and all I've been able to do since I found out is laugh! I couldn't be more grateful, terrified, excited, nervous, etc... so many mixed feelings... I feel so blessed.

Well, my friends, I'm going to need all of the help I can get! Right now the best thing you can do for Sam, me and the babies is PRAY! Pray for their health, my sanity, and Sam's patience!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yea for twins!! :) Life is about to get very exciting! :) :) What a blessing! I am so excited for you and Sam! My best advice.... take it easy and sleep whenever you can b/c soon you won't be getting any sleep! :) We love y'all and can't wait to meet these little ones. Maybe two boys so Savannah & Kylie can have little boyfriends?? :) Soon we will find out....can't wait. You are in our prayers!
lindsi said…
Ahhhh!!! I still can't believe it -twins! That is so exciting Alisha! Wow, I can't even imagine what fun times lie ahead for you guys...diapers, formula, and the terrible 2's...what a blessing! Our Heavenly Father DOES have a sense of humor! Congrats and keep us updated:)
The Yosts said…
Yeah! You're caught up to us in one swoop! How exciting and what an adventure you'll have.
Rachelle said…
oh alisha, CONGRATS!!! i can't believe it!
chelsea said…
i almost died when i read that... how exciting! i always secretly hoped for twins... twice the baby with only one pregnancy (i don't wish much for what it's like once they get here....) congratulations and you and sam will be great parents to those sweet babies!
woah!!!! that is awesome!!! having twins in a family is the only way to go :) we are soo thrilled for you 2(about to be 4)!
Anonymous said…
Holy Crap Alisha! This is so exciting! I know you're probably excited and freaked out at the same time (heaven knows I was with just one baby at a time) so just take it one day at a time. All of you are in my prayers for a happy, healthy family!
Laurie said…
how awesome!!! cade says that is "nuckin futs!!!" we are extremely excited for ALL of you!
fergusonfam said…
I am so happy for you guys! That is so awesome! I can't believe it. You will be such an great mom. You always secretly thought that you would have twins! right? I love it. I hope you are feeling great! Love you.
Karen said…
Congrats! Amanda called yesterday with the news and gave me your blog address. I am so excited for you. Prayers are answered....... doublefold! It will be perfect timing to use some of Luke's stuff for your second set. We will be thinking of you!
Janelle said…
Congratulations, Alisha! I can't imagine twins, but I'm sure that they will bring plenty of love and joy with the crying and diapers! Enjoy!
Summer said…
WOW! Congrats to you both! That is exciting! I can only imagine what you are feeling like right now! They thought Noah was twins and I was freaked out for a good week, they then told me he was one, I was relieved! We will be praying for you! You and Sam will be wonderful parents!
Marie Partridge said…
I'm the proudest Grandma ever!
Bekah said…
HOLY COW! That is wonderful! Congrats! 2 babies for the price of one pregnancy -- awesome! You guys will be amazing parents...I really am so excited for you and I can't wait to hear about their genders! Love ya!
Ok, I feel like a moron for that other comment b/c I did nto see this. It wasn't on here unless I clicked down below. Anyway, CONGRATS. I am so excited and can not wait to help you with everything. When are you coming over to look thru maternity clothes? I can come to you if you'd like. Let me know...I'm so busy ya know! ;)
congrats! good thing you have great baby skills! full hands now---full heart later. sending you our love...
Tiffany said…
Congrats to you both! That is so exciting!!! We were so excited you guys were due around the same time we were... and now even more excited you'll be bringing in two!! Congrats again! Keep us updated!
I did IM you last night but you must not have been there. but I am so happy for you. I cried when I read your blog. what a wonderful blessing. I do have a friend who had twins in may and she is a health nut and reads everything. If you wanted I could give you her email. I know she would be so much help to you.
love you! I am so happy! TWINS SHEESE!
Doug and Shayla said…
Congrats! We are so happy for you. What wonderful news. Good luck with everything.
Darbee said…
Holy Cow! Congrats, Alisha! That is such exciting news! You are going to be a great mother...and twins?!? You will do great! My sister had twins and survived, so I'm sure you'll do the same! :-) Hang in there and take care of yourself!
Diana & CJ said…
Twins!! Oh my gosh, how awesome. I'm soooo happy for you two. Please keep us updated on how everything goes.
Kate said…
NO WAY...TWINS!!! That's sooo crazy and exciting. We are so happy for you and Sam! Keep us updated :) Hope you are feeling well!
Congrats!!!! I am so happy for you guys. You will be a WONDERFUL mom! You were so patient with me teaching me algebra:)
Carrie said…
Congratulations you guys! 2 for the price of one is definitely the way to go!
Carrie
Amy said…
WOW! How exciting I am sure you will do great Good times are ahead. Good Luck! I will be keeping up with you.
The Oldroyd's said…
Hey Sam and Alisha, Congrats on the twins. I know what you mean about making up for lost time. That is so exciting. I wish you both the best. I didn't have your email address so I just wrote on this I now have a blog too. www.rdoldroyd.blogspot.com Hope to hear more from you.
Dani
Melanie Rossi said…
I'm so glad you found my blog! I had fun getting your updates, but the best and most shocking was that you're pregnant with twins! I actually had no idea! I'm really excited for you!

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...