My trip to Colorado!

I finally got to meet baby Avery Grace Walker! I flew to Colorado Springs last Monday (July 2) to visit one of my very best friends, Tiffany, and her new baby! I had such a great time spending time with Tiff & Justin, getting to know Avery, and doing a lot of fun activities. Avery is gorgeous and such a good baby. I loved every second with her; including the night-time feedings! I was so happy to help Tiffany & Justin with that because it gets exhausting night after night! They have many more nights to go... :)

I always have a great time in Colorado. Woodland Park is gorgeous and Tiffany and I are perfectly entertained just talking to each other. I laugh harder with her than anyone else and she actually laughs at my jokes! :) Her husband Justin has also been a long-time friend and I enjoy seeing him and the wonderful life they've made together. Claudia & Bill are Tiffany's parents, whom they live with. I also lived there with Tiffany for a summer back in college. The Millers have always been so open & welcoming to me. They are good friends & so much fun to be around!

I cannot gush enough about how beautiful & wonderful Avery is. I think the 40+ pictures I took while there will show you how much fun I had (click here). I am never happy to leaving Tiffany when I get to the airport but everything was different this time. Avery changed so much in just the week that I was there. I had an emotional time leaving knowing that the next time I'd see her she'd be so different! I cried all of the way to the airplane! But thank goodness for technology. I'll get to see her grow & change!

I feel very blessed to have the friendship I do with Tiffany. We've been through a lot as friends & I love her like a sister. She means the world to me & I'm so excited for this new little person she has brought into the world. She is a wonderful mother & friend. I can't wait for her next trip to Houston!

Comments

chelsea said…
It looks like you had so much fun. I love Avery's name!! She indeed looks like a sweet sweet baby. My favorite is the snuggling up against your chest. Is there anything better?
Alisha said…
Chels-- I love the name too! :) She is really sweet and you're right; there is nothing better than a newborn baby snuggling with you on your chest. There's just nothing like it!
mmmm I can just smell her. I know weird but new babies have the best smell.... well when they have a clean bum! looks like you had fun
Trenda said…
What a good friend you are!! She is adorable, not quite as cute as Ambree was though J/k! She is actually a cuter baby than Ambree was! But it doesn't matter, it's what's on the inside that counts. . . right!LOL! Looks like you had a good time. . . you will be such a good mommy!
Alisha said…
Trenda-- you crack me up! Avery is a very beautiful baby. The funny thing is that Tiffany was always going to name her first girl Ambri, but she changed her mind when she got pregnant for some reason! Your Ambree is VERY cute! :)
Rachelle said…
love the pictures! so fun! i am super glad you got to go see her!
-rachelle
I must say that baby is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen...not that I'm being bias or anything j/k. We miss you! Avery told me that today when she was getting a diaper change. She prefers you to do the dirty work. She also misses her happy momma when you were helping with night time feedings. Oh well, I guess you'll just have to move to Colorado. Tell Sam I'll buy him an electric blanket:)

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...