BYUI Fall Conference

This September, I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the BYU-Idaho Fall Faculty Conference - and my travel was paid for!  I couldn't just head up to Idaho with my family (and Cafe Rio) being so close by in Utah, so I got permission to fly into Salt Lake a few days early & drive up to Rexburg for the conference.  It was weird but fun to travel alone!

Here are 4 of my favorite things about Utah: Spending time with my Grandma Gines, seeing my little guy, Hunter, CAFE RIO, & the Bountiful Temple, where Sam & I were married 10 years ago!

Mom & Dad were actually still out of town for their Anniversary when I got there, but we still had a sibling Sunday dinner at their house!  Loved being with Amanda, Zack & their families!

And I can't forget another favorite thing about visiting Utah... getting my hair done by Brittany! (Driving around in my mom's convertible Mini Cooper with the nice Utah weather was a definite bonus as well.)


 I headed up to Rexburg after doing all of my visits.  I can't believe I didn't get pictures, but I stopped in Logan on my way up to see my old roommate, Angela, and her beautiful home and family.  Then that night, went to dinner in Idaho Falls with my old roommates, Stephenie & Krystal.  I had such a blast & will always remember eating at Pizza Pie Cafe that night because... it gave me FOOD POISONING!

I spent a couple of days at the conference being taught & spiritually fed.  It was a wonderful experience!  I loved being in Rexburg again.  I only wished I could be on campus when it was full of students.  My time at BYU-Idaho was so influential in who I have become today.  I love that place!  Especially in September (and not January!).

I only snapped a couple of pictures - the first is of mine & Sam's first little apartment at Birch Plaza.  The second was from the hill as I left Rexburg.  I hope I can go back soon!

Comments

Krystal said…
Ha, ha! That is just too bad about the food poisoning. It was great seeing you, too!

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...