Just another day in paradise...
Disclaimer: You probably shouldn't read this if you're easily disturbed, grossed out or don't have children.
So let me set this up for you... you all know I have 3 kids & 3 dogs. And today (& every Wednesday for the next few months) I'll also have Ike, my almost 4-year-old nephew. Which is really fun - the kids love having him here to play & he loves being here.
Where today went wrong is when I decided, on this lovely Spring day (what, it's still January? Well its Spring here!) to WALK with all of them, including the dogs to the park for a picnic lunch.
I'll also need to throw in that my oldest Chihuahua, Roxy, HATES walks, & apparently #2 dog, Pepper, does too, now, because of Hank.
So here I am, pushing a stroller of no kids - just lunch - because they all want to walk. I'm also holding Hank's leash which leaves the 4 kids to fight (THE WHOLE TIME) over who gets to walk the other two dogs. Which, by the way, are having to be pulled rather than walked because all they want to do is go back home. We made the 10 minute walk to the park in about 20 minutes.
Aside from it being completely chaotic, the park was going fine. We ate & some friends even joined us at the park. I was over talking to my friend when Nathan comes up {doing the dance} & says he needs to go potty. So I tell him to go over by some bushes & trees. It may be a little WT but whatcha gunna do?
So about 2 minutes later I look over to see Nathan, FULL MOON exposed, POOPING. The poop is rolling off his undies & pants as it tumbles to the ground. I run over FREAKING OUT. Nathan totally doesn't get why this is a problem. How did I raise a kid that thinks its ok to poop OUTSIDE in a public park? And of course I have no wipes. No tissues. No napkins. My only option is to clean him up the best I can with my friends 2 {used} paper towels. I'm sure she was horrified.
So we move past that, chaos at the park continues as kids beg to be pushed on swings & Nathan kicks up every fire ant pile in the place. So we finally decide enough is enough & pack up to leave. It was then that my friend noticed some blood on Hank's neck. I checked him out & found no sores so I didn't worry about it too much. We head on our way & a little into the trip {kids still fighting about who's holding the dog leashes} & I realize Max has blood ALL OVER his face. And of course, I still have no form of tissues to wipe him with.
About 2 minutes later, blood is GUSHING from his nose. I have no idea why. So the only choice I had was to take off his shirt to soak up the blood (again, super WT), throw him in the stroller & book it home as fast I can.
But do the 4-year-olds stop fighting? NO.... there's no concern for Max. All they care about is whether or not its FAIR how much they get to walk a dog.
I love my kids. I love my dogs. I love being a mom. And an aunt. But I really will probably never ever attempt that again. EVER.
And I'm blaming the pooping in the park thing on Sam. Boys are gross. Sam should have taught him not to do that because it would never even occur to a girl.
Welcome to my life!
So let me set this up for you... you all know I have 3 kids & 3 dogs. And today (& every Wednesday for the next few months) I'll also have Ike, my almost 4-year-old nephew. Which is really fun - the kids love having him here to play & he loves being here.
Where today went wrong is when I decided, on this lovely Spring day (what, it's still January? Well its Spring here!) to WALK with all of them, including the dogs to the park for a picnic lunch.
I'll also need to throw in that my oldest Chihuahua, Roxy, HATES walks, & apparently #2 dog, Pepper, does too, now, because of Hank.
So here I am, pushing a stroller of no kids - just lunch - because they all want to walk. I'm also holding Hank's leash which leaves the 4 kids to fight (THE WHOLE TIME) over who gets to walk the other two dogs. Which, by the way, are having to be pulled rather than walked because all they want to do is go back home. We made the 10 minute walk to the park in about 20 minutes.
Aside from it being completely chaotic, the park was going fine. We ate & some friends even joined us at the park. I was over talking to my friend when Nathan comes up {doing the dance} & says he needs to go potty. So I tell him to go over by some bushes & trees. It may be a little WT but whatcha gunna do?
So about 2 minutes later I look over to see Nathan, FULL MOON exposed, POOPING. The poop is rolling off his undies & pants as it tumbles to the ground. I run over FREAKING OUT. Nathan totally doesn't get why this is a problem. How did I raise a kid that thinks its ok to poop OUTSIDE in a public park? And of course I have no wipes. No tissues. No napkins. My only option is to clean him up the best I can with my friends 2 {used} paper towels. I'm sure she was horrified.
So we move past that, chaos at the park continues as kids beg to be pushed on swings & Nathan kicks up every fire ant pile in the place. So we finally decide enough is enough & pack up to leave. It was then that my friend noticed some blood on Hank's neck. I checked him out & found no sores so I didn't worry about it too much. We head on our way & a little into the trip {kids still fighting about who's holding the dog leashes} & I realize Max has blood ALL OVER his face. And of course, I still have no form of tissues to wipe him with.
About 2 minutes later, blood is GUSHING from his nose. I have no idea why. So the only choice I had was to take off his shirt to soak up the blood (again, super WT), throw him in the stroller & book it home as fast I can.
But do the 4-year-olds stop fighting? NO.... there's no concern for Max. All they care about is whether or not its FAIR how much they get to walk a dog.
I love my kids. I love my dogs. I love being a mom. And an aunt. But I really will probably never ever attempt that again. EVER.
And I'm blaming the pooping in the park thing on Sam. Boys are gross. Sam should have taught him not to do that because it would never even occur to a girl.
Welcome to my life!

Comments