The Best Mother's Day
Yesterday was great. Really great. Here's why:
- I woke up to breakfast, pictures colored by the kids, a wonderful gift from my husband, & best of all, 3 of my favorite little people giving me hugs, kisses & saying "Happy Mother's Day!"
- Sam helped remind the kids to be good for me & helped managed them more than usual so I didn't have to deal with the little things.
- I finally got to be the women in the congregation at church with tears in their eyes as their kids sang the most adorable little Mother's Day songs. I've been waiting for this for a long time & it was every bit as wonderful as I had imagined. We did have to bribe Alexa with candy to go up... she's been going through a little reluctant phase... but once she was up there, she & Nathan both sang the songs & smiled at me. It was so precious. I can't wait for next year!
- Both of the boys were being a little nuts during the rest of the church meeting so my wonderful husband took them and sat out in the foyer so I could sit in the meeting with Alexa & listen to the speakers. She was an angel & snuggled up next to me, ate snacks, and at one point, out of the blue, looked up at me and said, "Happy Mother's Day Mommy. I love you."
- Sam made me a yummy dinner & even went over & stole some Happy Tracks from his parents freezer for me for dessert.
- To back track a little, Sam stayed up until past midnight Saturday night helping me hang pictures & other decor that I wanted up in the entry way. Sunday, after dinner, he helped me finish & now its all done. I love completing projects & it never happens without the help of my wonderful husband!
I am so blessed to be a mother, have a wonderful mother & mother-inlaw, & for all of the mothers I had in my life. Life is good.
Comments