Two things on my mind
I had a rough day Thursday. You see, I'm a planner. As long as I can plan, I stay sane. So I had planned, per the doctor's words, that by this Friday, I'd have the results of my biopsy. I'd have a diagnosis. I'd have a plan for treatment. Earlier in the week, they moved my appointment up to Thursday. GREAT. Even better. Then Thursday morning came, I got a call from the nurse & she said my results weren't in yet & wouldn't be until later next week. I'm leaving for Utah on Tuesday for 2 weeks. That means 2 1/2 more weeks of not knowing exactly what is going on in my body. 2 weeks of not knowing what's in store for my future. I was pretty ticked.
So what did I do? I headed over to the nail salon & got myself and nice mani/pedi. The DELUXE version. And it felt good. But it didn't FEEL good. I was still pretty unhappy. I was cranky with my kids all day & just in a mood.
Then the evening came. I was visited by a friend who brought me dinner. While that friend was there, another friend called to ask if I could stay at their house with their kids that night (see post below). I like being needed & feeling useful so I was more than happy to go. I got very little sleep that night. But it made me happy. I was helping my friends & cuddling a cute baby.
Why do I always turn to chocolate, mani/pedi's, shopping, or laziness when life gets me down? Its doing things for others that really brings me happiness. Maybe next time I'll remember. I said Maybe.
Onto the second thing... my heart & mind are worried about someone I love. She is young & going through hard things. I can almost feel her anguish. I'm loosing sleep over it & it makes me want to cry. This makes me terrified for my children to grow into teenagers & young adults. I am never going to sleep. Ever.
So what did I do? I headed over to the nail salon & got myself and nice mani/pedi. The DELUXE version. And it felt good. But it didn't FEEL good. I was still pretty unhappy. I was cranky with my kids all day & just in a mood.
Then the evening came. I was visited by a friend who brought me dinner. While that friend was there, another friend called to ask if I could stay at their house with their kids that night (see post below). I like being needed & feeling useful so I was more than happy to go. I got very little sleep that night. But it made me happy. I was helping my friends & cuddling a cute baby.
Why do I always turn to chocolate, mani/pedi's, shopping, or laziness when life gets me down? Its doing things for others that really brings me happiness. Maybe next time I'll remember. I said Maybe.
Onto the second thing... my heart & mind are worried about someone I love. She is young & going through hard things. I can almost feel her anguish. I'm loosing sleep over it & it makes me want to cry. This makes me terrified for my children to grow into teenagers & young adults. I am never going to sleep. Ever.
Comments
Signed,
A Mom Having a Rough Time
Love,
Hollie