Girls Cruise!!
Last week I was lucky enough to go on a last-minute girls cruise with my friend, Bridget. Sam took a couple of days off work & his mom filled in the rest! It was SUCH a great break & as much as I fretted about the lack of contact I'd be able to have with Sam & the kids while I was on the cruise, I didn't worry one bit once I was there.
Galveston cruises were all booked up so we took a little road trip to New Orleans. We went on the Carnival Elation. I was pleasantly surprised with my first Carnival Cruise! We had a great time, despite the "rough crowd" and some creepy guys. After sitting by the creepy guys the first night at dinner, we asked for a table change. We, ironically, got placed with 6 Air Force Cadets. They ended up being super fun & nice. We had a great time at our new table!
Tuesday was formal night. Always fun to get a little dressed up!

Wednesday we ported in Progreso, Mexico. We decided to take a LONG excursion to the ruins at Chichen Itza. My parents have been there & it was awesome. We were a little disappointed because after a 2 1/2 hour bus ride (each way) we didn't even get to touch or climb the ruins. They shut them down a couple of years ago because people were writing on them! STUPID PEOPLE! Also, I would have loved to have an LDS tour guide that knew the symbolism. But it was still awesome to see the ruins.
Thursday we went to Cozumel. We did a Dolphin encounter & that was DEFINITELY the highlight of the trip! Our dolphin was named Marina & she was so sweet. We got to spend 40 minutes in the water with her. We even got to do a belly ride!
After the dolphins we did a little shopping & wandering (& were followed by creepy guy from the boat- yikes!)
All of that girl time, laying out, reading, sleeping, eating & fun was just what the doctor ordered. Thanks for a wonderful time Bridget! Doing stuff like this definitely helps me to recharge my batteries & come home a better wife & mommy!




Comments