Ten on Thursday

1.  Sam is ALL DONE with his CPA tests!!!  We found out a week ago & since then, I've been planning on doing a big blog post all devoted to his wonderful accomplishment... but I keep forgetting to get a picture & whatnot.  But I definitely want to record this wonderful news.  Sam works hard & studied for a lot of hours to pass these tests.  Good job babe!

2.  To celebrate this good news, we had Sam's entire family over for dinner on Sunday.  We had ribs & a lot of other food.  It was delicious.  The ice cream cake posted about below was the desert!

3.  Nathan is doing pretty well since I potty trained but still really struggles with #2.  I tried buying him something he really wanted but 3 times now, he's gone in the potty so he could get the object & then that was it-- more accidents.  Ugh.  Alexa was 1,000 times easier.

4.  Last night, we left Max with Grandma Joan & headed to the Astros game for LDS Friends & Family night.  A choir of primary kids from our stake (including our nephews) sang the National Anthem.  It was so adorable!  We had a great time!

5.  Today we finally had our appointment with an ECI (Early Childhood Intervention) caseworker & Physical Therapist for Max's motor skills.  They did an evaluation & he tested at level or above on everything but motor skills.  For motor skills, he tested at the level of an 8 month old.  The PT worked with him & determined that he has very little upper arm strength & his whole shoulder & lats area is very weak.  He also has some low muscle tone in his upper glutes, which is why he has bad posture.  He really does very little weight bearing on his arms & the PT said its a chicken/egg issue-- we don't know if he doesn't have the strength because he doesn't crawl or he doesn't crawl because of the muscles.  But he gave me some things work on with him & he's coming back in 2 weeks.  I feel good about how the appointment went!

6.  It's been so fun to have the Bakers (Sam's youngest sister & her family) here for the summer.  We've got a lot of pool time in & have loved having all of the family time!  I wish they weren't leaving in August & they could just stay forever!

7.  Speaking of the pool, another bonus of going with the older boy cousins is that its helped Nathan & Alexa get more brave in the water. Less than a month ago, they wouldn't even go where they couldn't touch, even with floaties.  Now they're a lot more independent & going down the slides & everything.  I think I'm going to put them in swim lessons in the fall!

8.  Max is so much happier now that the baby food phase of his life is over.  Feeding was always a huge struggle with him during his first year but now that he doesn't have to drink nasty formula & he actually has teeth (just 4!) so he can have table food, he loves it!  He really eats almost anything that is put in front of him.  He's still been taking a couple of bottles a day because he wouldn't drink cold milk but I didn't give him a bottle tonight before dinner & he drank a whole sippy cup full of cold milk!  Yea Max!

9.  I spent all day Monday & Tuesday going through every single item of clothing Nathan, Alexa & Max have ever grown out of & putting it in the appropriate bins.  I also cleaned out both closets of baby stuff, threw a lot away, donated a lot & just organized everything.  It's so nice to have that done!  When I finally take away Max's morning bottle & I can put those away, it'll be so weird!  I got pregnant with Max when Nathan & Alexa were barely 1 so I never have put any of that stuff completely away!

10.  We're headed down to Surf Side beach on Saturday with the Bakers (and I'm sure a million other people).  I'm excited!  We've never taken the kids down to the beach.  The only experience with the whole sand/water thing the kids have had is at Pine View Reservoir in Utah.  Alexa HATED the sand.  So we'll see how this goes!

Comments

fun happenings! congrats Sam! I feel ya on the potty training. K actually took a while and I wish somebody told me not to even attempt it w/ her until like 4, haha! I thought maybe the bladder would be an issue b/c of the prematurity but didn't think that her intestines weren't fully developed and she has sensory issues and can't feel when she has to go. she's doing good now but dang, shouldn't have wasted my time at 2 1/2! he will get it and will do it when he's good and ready. that's for sure, can't make a kid do anything...they are so stubborn! i was so sad when i dropped the bottles with K. She had no problem but I did. I'm not gonna care with this next one at all. I love that night time bottle snuggle time! thx for the update!
The Oldroyd's said…
Lots of new stuff. That is good you feel good about Max's apt. McKenna is having issues on her belly and sitting up. At her 9 month apt if she isn't doing better her doctor is going to refer us to PT. I will be interested to see how Max does in 2 weeks.

Popular posts from this blog

Play Date

Introducing...