Seven on Sunday
1. Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband, my daddy, my grandpa & my father-in-law! Its been such a great Father's Day. I am lucky to be married to a great father. Sam is such a wonderful husband & daddy. He is a true partner in parenthood, a good provider & I love him! I have a fantastic dad who is such a great example but best of all, he is the best Grandpa ever.
3. Nathan had a couple of nightmares the other night. He's had them before but this is the first time he's been able to tell us what they were about. The first one was butterflies in his bed. He honestly thought they were there. When I took him potty, he was telling me about it & marched me into his room to show me, fully expecting the butterflies to be there. He had a look of shock on his face when they weren't. The next one, about an hour later, was a nightmare that a ladybug bit him on his arm. Hilarious. Its not monsters or the boogie man-- its butterflies & lady bugs that Nathan's nightmares are made of.
4. Max will start physical therapy with Early Childhood Intervention on June 30th. He gets around great with his rock-n-scoot but I look forward to the progress he'll make & getting some intervention.
5. Sam's youngest sister, Amy, & her boys are here for the summer. Can we say YAY! Having all of the Oldroyd cousins together is awesome. We have lots of fun ahead with many-a-pool day & a visit planned for the Bounce House this Friday. Bring it on!
6. I gotta talk some more about Nathan. He's a crack up. (Naughty to boot). I potty trained him this week & he does really well except #2. Won't do it. (Help???) Anyhow, he calls his undies "Big Boy Panties." HAHA! Also, Alexa has gotten really into princesses so then Nathan started calling himself a princess. We tried to explain princesses are girls & a PRINCE is a boy. So now he calls himself a "Princess Boy." Then the other morning, he put Alexa's pink tutu on & ran around the house saying, "I'm a princess girl!!" Unfortunately for him, Daddy hadn't left for work yet & that one didn't go over real well with him. Its so hard with b/g twins because its totally ok that Alexa was into to Thomas & wore Nathan's Spiderman undies when she wanted but it doesn't go both ways!
7. Its hot. Like really hot. Even for Texas. And we haven't had more than a couple of inches of rain since February. We're burnin' up down here. Pray we'll get rain!


Comments