Wonderful night at the Astros game!

It was a wonderful and exciting night at Minute Maid Park in Houston tonight! I went to the Astros game with my father-in-law John, sister-in-law Amy & brother-in-law Ryan. It was a full house in anticipation of Craig Biggio making baseball history with 3000 carreer hits. Each time Biggio got up to bat he got a single and it took him 3 to reach the 3000 mark and the game's excitment only grew from there. There were home runs hit by both the Rockies and Astros and by the 11th inning, we were down one run. Biggio, Pence & Berkman loaded the bases & with 2 outs, Lee hit in a GRAND SLAM to win the game! You don't get much better ball than that!
The only downside is that Sam, the biggest 'Stros fan in the Oldroyd clan, did come! He has a big final tomorrow a.m. I am so proud of him for choosing to stay home and study though. He's working so hard! Only 2 more semesters after this summer and we're finally done with school!!!
Anyway, I'm not much of a baseball fan but I feel lucky to have been in attendance tonight. It was truly a memorable experience! When I get better at this blogging thing, I'll remember my camera. I feel bad that I don't even have a picture of John, Amy, Ryan and I at the game! I'll try to be better about remembering :) G'night! And GO 'STROS!
Comments