Merry Christmas 2012!

I've been the worst blogger EVER lately.  But I can't let the year end without posting about this wonderful Christmas we just had! As always, I wish I had taken more pictures.  Maybe next year!  I also wish I had known that my camera lens had a smudge on it.  Oh well.

Here are the kids in their new church clothes.  I loved them this year, especially Alexa's dress!

Sunday night we celebrated Christmas with our Oldroyd family because Marianne had to work on both Christmas Eve & Christmas.  The kids LOVE the personalized beach towels from Gma & Gpa!  They got a fun game from Aunt Marianne & the adults got 24 hours without the kids! (Crazy Gma & Gpa thought it would be fun to have all 7 of them for 24 hours! Yikes!)

We had a fun Christmas Eve party at Grandma & Grandpa's house where we ate yummy food, talked, played & the kids made their own ornaments!  When we got home, we opened Christmas PJ's from Grandma Marie & Grandpa Ron!

And we couldn't forget the cookies, milk & carrots for Santa & his reindeer!  Looks like he liked them!

The kids went to bed quickly after such an eventful couple of days.  Then Santa went to work.

The morning came and... THE KIDS SLEPT IN!  Alexa was the first awake at about 7:30.  Nathan came in about 7:40 and we finally woke Max up at 8!  I know that's not going to happen for many more years...

We did stockings (even for the puppies) then opened Santa gifts.  The kids all got what they asked for!  Both boys wanted car tracks & Alexa wanted Lalaloopsy dolls.  Santa was nice enough to bring them!  And no pictures of this but Santa brought Sam & I tennis rackets!

Here are the gifts we got from Grammy & Grandpa Great.


We took a break in the middle to Skype with our Partridge family in Utah.  We all opened gifts together.  For some reason I don't have pictures but the kids all opened cute little rolling duffle bags & Sam & I got a luggage set which means... a family trip!  We're going to Disneyland in May!  SO EXCITED!

Here is Sam opening his gift from his Grandma Dudley.  She gave us some money & he THOUGHT I had ordered him a Kindle Paperwhite with some of the money.  I had to do a lot of lieing but I had already gotten him a Kindle Fire HD!  So I wrapped up a book & a movie & the money & labeled it from Grandma Dudley.  He was a little confused... until he opened my gift!  I think he likes it!  This is one of the reasons I was so excited for Christmas.  Sam is hard to buy for!  I knew he'd love it even though he hadn't asked for it.  Yay me!

Here is what Gma Dudley got for the kids -- Soccer goals!


Then came the gifts from Mom & Dad... we got them Vtech Innotab 2s (tablets for kids)!  They also each got 2 games, a credit for buying apps & a case.

Here are the kids with all of their presents!

Later that morning we had the whole family over for breakfast.  We've done that the last 3 years & its been a fun new tradition!  I make cinnamon rolls, Joan makes egg casserole & Jennie Jo brings fruit.  We had a turkey dinner that night also & got a great present when Marianne came!  She unfortunately caught the nasty cold many of us had & got sent home from work. We were sad she was sick but happy to have her there for dinner!

It was such a great Christmas.  We definitely missed our family who wasn't there, especially Amy & Ryan's family in Japan!  We loved having the new addition to our Texas family- Grandma Dudley! It just gets better & better every year as the kids get older.  They are excited about all that Christmas is & brings but they also are so teachable & have learned about what Christmas is really about - our Savior.  Without Him, all of this would not be possible.  I love this time of year & I love the greatest gifts I have ever been given - my family!

Merry Christmas!

Comments

Amy said…
I am so glad you finally blogged! :) It is so fun to see what the kids got-we need to facetime or something soon! so glad you had a fun holiday! we missed you!!!

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...