Ten on Tuesday

Wow, its been a while since I've done one of these.  Its also been a while since I've blogged.  There are several things I want to go back & blog but who knows if I will!  Life has been busy!
  1. Nathan & Alexa are doing so well in preschool.  They love it & are learning lots!  They love homework & love doing flashcards to learn their letters.  Last Thursday after school, they really wanted to do flash cards & I was finishing up some work on the computer.  Pretty soon I looked over & they were just questioning each other with the flash cards.  So cute!  

  2. Max has been giving me a run for my money.  That boy... I feel like I deserve an award for {mostly} keeping my patients with him some days.  He is strong willed & hard to motivate.  But I still love him to pieces.

  3. HALLOWEEN happened!  How could I forget?  Nathan was Batman, Alexa was Belle & Max was Spiderman. (Nathan was Iron Man & Alexa was Tinkerbell for Zoo Boo)  They got to dress up a lot with their school party, Zoo Boo, the Trunk-or-Treat at church & then Halloween night.  They had a blast trick-or-treating with their cousins this year!  One thing I love about Texas is that we are able to run around & not freeze on Halloween!  

  4. I am currently in the interview process for a new exciting job-- an online instructor for BYU-Idaho!  I had my phone interview a couple of weeks ago & that seemed to go well.  I'm now in my 2nd week of a 2-week evaluation course.  I'll find out if I got the job next week-- exciting!  If I get it, I'll do a paid training starting at the end of this month & then the semester starts January 7th.  Its for Math108 (Mathematics for the real world).  Cross your fingers for me!

  5. Nathan & Alexa have each had one note home from school indicating less than stellar behavior.  Alexa was having a hard time listening so we worked on that & she seems to do better.  Nathan's note home was hilarious!  Still makes me giggle...
  6. Its election day.  I have my opinions & I don't share them publicly very often but I was thinking about something this morning... we currently have the first African-American president ever.  We have the possibility of having an LDS president in next 4 years.  Both groups have been historically persecuted in this country.  How far we have come!  This world can be a scary place but I think that shows some great progress!
  7. Nathan is home sick today.  He has a high fever, no other symptom.  He is not his perky, expressive self.  Poor buddy.  He's been sleeping a lot & during his last little nap, he cried out for me worried that I would leave.  He has historically been a daddy's boy but has gotten quite attached to me over the last 9 months.  I kind of like it :). This is the first time any of my kids have been sick in longer than I can remember.  I hope it leaves our house soon!
  8. I have two big dr appointments in the next week, first with Dr. Adam (high risk baby dr) & then with my new nephrologist.  This will determine if we are able to have another baby or not.  I have mixed feelings of what I hope to be the outcome.  I really want a baby but have a lot of fear of what it could do to my kidneys & overall health.
  9. Sam's Grandma, Grandma Great Dudley, came to live with John & Joan at the end of August.  We have loved having her close by.  Sam & his sisters have never lived by a grandparent.  I cherish this time we get to spend with her & am grateful that my kids can get to know their great grandma - she is such a great lady!
  10. I'm on Day 6 of "No Treats November."  I know it doesn't sound like much but I really like my treats.  But after all of the Halloween candy I consumed  I knew I had to take drastic measures.  I'm not a moderation type of girl.  Its all or nothing.  I'm giving myself a cheat-day on Thanksgiving but that's it!

Comments

Kim Bird said…
Looks like the kiddos had a fun Halloween. Adorable!
Amy said…
I love Nathan's teachers comment. Hilarious! I miss your posts and cute pictures of those kids! So glad to have this one!!!
love the update! I am an all or nothing girl too. I started a diet b/c I just couldn't be good. I kept trying to be healthy and then would mess up in the evening and eat a pan of brownies or something. :) So I went on my diet Oct 14th and I'm down 11 pounds but can't tell. Basically I just lost my boobs. And Max is the difficult one? Oh brother, I thought 2 was going to be easy. Ha! Josh fights with Kylee so much already and tries to steal her blankets, pillows, hits her....seriously, he is too young for this. He's in time out and gets told no all day long and all he does is smile at me. so cute but so naughty!

Popular posts from this blog

37 Weeks 2 Days

Play Date

Introducing...